There are four underlying and important reasons for the establishment of MMAF:
1.Indonesia, with 17.508 islands and 81.000 Kilometers of shoreline, is the biggest archipelagic state with immense marine natural resources which have not been optimally and sustainably utilized.
2.Several decades ago, Indonesian development program focused more on land in which land-based natural resources are largely depleted or dangerously exhausted. That is why marine natural resources are important to be the capital for the future development plan.
3.Indonesian population growth, coupled with the growing consciousness of how fisheries products can significantly contribute to human health and intelligent, ensure that marine and fisheries sector would play an increasingly important role in the future.
4.Coastal and marine region are very dynamic, with immense natural resources and great amount of problems which arises during the extraction activities. These problems should be address immediately and decisively for the sake of sustainable and responsible utilization of coastal and marine natural resources.
The MMAF mission, functions, organizational structures and its position in the cabinet are determined by Presidential Decree No.165 in the year 2000 issued in 23 November 2000. The Presidential decree No.9 in the year 2005, stipulated that the main mission of the MMAF is: "To Assist the President (of the Republic of Indonesia) in holding the process of governance in the Marine and Fisheries sector"
The Functions of the MMAF are:
1.The formulation of national policy, implementation policy and technical policy in the Marine and Fisheries sector;
2.The implementation of the governance affairs in the Marine and Fisheries Sector;
3.The management of state-owned properties under MMAF;
4.The supervision of MMAF mission implementation;
5.Delivery of report to the President on the account of evaluations, suggestions and consideration on MMAF mission and Function.
If you interested please apply at following link:
Penyuluh Perikanan Tenaga Kontrak (PPTK)
- Indonesian citizen, male or female with max age 35 years old in 31 December 2011
- Certified Counseling courses IV/S1 D / Fishing or certified D III / D IV/S1 fisheries
- Attach a recommendation from the Head of Department or Agency which handles Counseling in the district / city
- Physically and mentally healthy
- Willing to work hard with the status of non-permanent employees with contract system of employment in certain
- Not demanding to be appointed as Civil Servants
- In the event of termination of employment, because of something that will not demand compensation
- Willing to be placed in the office that handles fishing activities in the district / city to mentoring programs Echelon or the Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries Republic of Indonesia that handles the county / city.
- Willing to be assigned at the district / villages across Indonesia
If you are interested to join as Penyuluh Perikanan Tenaga Kontrak (PPTK) in Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries Republic of Indonesia have competencies in accordance with job requirements above,please see more info via the official website Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries Republic of Indonesia on the link below.Closing date 6 January 2011. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.